Storm’s Brekkie Slice
Posted by The Coach on September 3, 2012
This is for the athletes who have asked me for the slice recipe that Adrian and I eat for breakfast sometimes.
1 cup of almond meal
1 cup of coconut flakes if you use shredded half the amount (make sure you check they do not have any other nasties in the packet like sugar)
1/2 cup of 180 coconut protien powder (for those that do not consume whey and those that are doing the Wholelife Challenge please substitue with 1/3 cup of coconut flour we use less as the coconut flour is more dense)
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of dried berries (please check packet again as they add sugar, corn syrup, oils and preservatives)
1 mashed banana
1/2 teaspoon of real vanilla
Juice of 1 lemon
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites whipped to stiff peaks (these are the last ingredient to be combined)
PRE HEAT OVEN TO 170 DEGREES
GREASE OR LINE A LOAF TIN WITH WAX PAPER
1. Blend dry ingredients
2. Blend wet ingredients (leave out the egg whites)
3. Mix the wet into the dry (this will not have the texture of a cake mixture more like a wet dough)
4. Whip and then fold in the stiff egg whites a couple of spoonfuls at a time we do not want to over work the mixture.
5. Spoon mixture into prepared loaf tin.
6. Place in oven for 40 minutes, test with skewer at the end of cooking time to ensure loaf is cooked through.
7. Eat and enjoy.